How to use this forum

Published by Andrew on

Home Forums Players wanted! How to use this forum

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew
      Keymaster

Our suggestion is that you add a subject to your post that contains how you want to play (online or offline) and if offline then specify your geographical location.

If there are loads of posts here we may split this into sub-forums based on continent,  country or region.

mjbelli
      Participant

Hi Andrew:

Just received the game in the mail, just getting started, would like to find out who is or will be playing online or offline. Live in MA under a stay at home order. I’m old school, cut my teeth on SPI. Any response would be appreciated.

Thx.
      Marcus

Roger Brunin
      Participant

Hello
      I do not how to use this form but I need help in printing some of the Barbarosa maps.
      I have the General’s version.
      Where can I get a digital copy of the maps?
      Thanks
      Roger
      RBrunin@Shaw.Ca

Martyn Potts
      Participant

Hello Roger,

Did you get a CD in the box? John usually puts all the digital files on that.

Martyn

Roger Brunin
      Participant

Hello
      Thanks Martyn, you are correct, I just needed to look.
      Do you have trouble playing the game because the counters are the same size as the hexes? Therefore even the Corps marker holding boxes do not work as they fit too tight on the maps.
      I am going to get the maps printed about 20% larger, and try Barbarossa again. I hope to spend much less time reordering/organizing the units on the map.
      Thanks
      Roger
      PS Is this a good place to communicate about this topic?

Martyn Potts
      Participant

Hello Roger,

I can’t say it has ever bothered me, maybe because I always have the counters orientated the same way. I’ve just checked and you are right. I played Blitzkrieg a few years ago and that has a high counter density in the West and I recall it being fiddly. I usually don’t have any air units on the map either as they are invariably in off-map holding boxes which also makes it easier to keep track of their status.

Interestingly, I recently picked up GMT’s Battels for Rhode Island and Newport in a sale and remember reading on BGG whilst I was deciding whether or not to get it that someone thought the hexes too small for the counters. I have it out on my games table at the moment and again, I haven’t really noticed it to be a problem. I liked the system so much I have got some more in the BOAR series and those earlier games do indeed have bigger hexes! I guess it is what you get used to.

There is a forum here for each game in the TSWW series but if you have something that isn’t game specific there is a general forum at the top – ‘Anecdotes, Enquires and Support’.

Martyn

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.