Supply in Merkur

Published by Steve Bristow on

Home Forums TSWW Game V: OPERATION MERKUR Supply in Merkur

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Bristow
      Participant

Dear all. I have just begun to look into this fabulous scenario and have some initial questions please…

Does the Peleponnese count as Greek mainland? If not, what is it please?

Is the Greek mainland and / or the Peleponnese counted as friendly territory to the Axis? I understand friendly to include own, allied or surrendered enemy territory. If both are friendly, then presumably the Axis can trace an LOC over the rails and roads all the way down to Neapoli (0433)?

Presumably the 7FK Corps HQ must be within 6 MSR of the ST to provide offensive supply?

When tracing an MSR over non-road and rail hexes, does the terrain effect how many hexes you can trace? EG would tracing an MSR through a woods hex cost 2 with no road or rail in that hex?

I have read the AAR on Merkur but didn’t quite follow the supply issues. I think I understand the general concepts of supply and have found the training videos very helpful. I realise that perhaps Merkur is a uniquely complex scenario when it comes to supply.

I would also like to thank everyone involved in the TSWW project. The games are utterly beautiful. I love the counters and the maps. The amount of work that has been put in is staggering, so thank you.

Simone Capecchi
      Participant

If I can give you some advice, ask this question in the FB TSWW group; the authors of the AAR are always present there too.

ciao simone

Steve Bristow
      Participant

Many thanks Simone
      Unfortunately I don’t use Facebook, but have started to read the Barbarossa rules which has helped a bit
      Kind Regards
      Steve

Martyn Potts
      Participant

“Does the Peleponnese count as Greek mainland?”
      Yes. Despite their best efforts to cast it adrift with the Corinth Canal!

“Is the Greek mainland and / or the Peleponnese counted as friendly territory to the Axis? I understand friendly to include own, allied or surrendered enemy territory. If both are friendly, then presumably the Axis can trace an LOC over the rails and roads all the way down to Neapoli (0433)?”
      Yes. The Germans had won the war on the mainland by the time op Merkur took place.

“Presumably the 7FK Corps HQ must be within 6 MSR of the ST to provide offensive supply?”
      Yes, unless it is sitting on GSPs

“When tracing an MSR over non-road and rail hexes, does the terrain effect how many hexes you can trace?”
      Yes. See the MSR Weather Modifiers chart on page 8 of the Merkur charts. You will find a more comprehensive version in later versions of the rules (MSR Terrain & Weather Modifiers chart in v1.6).

Martyn

Steve Bristow
      Participant

Dear Martyn
      Thank you very much that really helps and makes sense
      Another quick question if you don’t mind though . ..would the Allied airbase counters on Crete have any organic AA? It looks like there is a counter capacity of 6 airbases, though as the Allied player I’m not sure what to do with them all except destroy them before the Germans capture them!
      Thanks again
      Steve

Martyn Potts
      Participant

Hello Steve,
      Airbases in TSWW don’t have Organic AA.
      There might be some Positional/Static AA listed in the OB, but a quick look reveals there are no counters for these on the Merkur counter sheet so probably not.

Martyn

Steve Bristow
      Participant

Thank you again Martyn.
      Steve

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.