Following the much publicised issues with the Day of Infamy print run, I decided to commence work on Barbarossa earlier than planned (the original idea was to start once DOI was shipped). To that end I have spent 3 or 4 days working on the maps and working up problem fixes for the research team. To that end it is worth letting you know about progress:
1. Maps are now about 72 hours from print proofing. That is a major task out the way as there are 18 map segments which is not a minor task!
2. OB development is in hand and progressing rapidly.
3. At Start development is in hand and is quite far advanced.
4. Counter art – once CS has been done (the first generic one as it will duplicate existing ones) but the balance need to be created. This will take a minimum of 6 weeks.
5. Original box art is done for one of the two boxes. The second one will be a different cover art (the back will remain the same). I will do that once I get the maps out the way.
As soon as the counters are complete Barbarossa will go to the press – which in the first instance means a major chunk of proofing, particularly on the counters and maps (for obvious reasons). I anticipate 20 or 24 counter sheets in the box – it will not be 16!