Madagascar’s Revised Edition is the heavily updated and upgraded TSWW game dealing with the British Invasion of Vichy owned Madagascar in 1942, codenamed Operation Ironclad, and its successor, Operation Streamline Jane.
Designed to secure Britain’s vulnerable logistical and trade routes to India and Egypt from potential Axis interdiction, the invasion was the first successful Allied amphibious assault of WW2, and the first successful British amphibious assault for over 100 years. It paved the way to the liberation of Europe, and provided vital experience to Allied planners working on Allied plans to drive the Japanese back from their expansive empire.
Can you find a way to hang on as the Vichy player until the British either give up, are defeated by the Axis powers, or you are relieved by Japanese “support and friendship”, or will your expansive British forces take control of Madagascar quickly enough to forestall Japanese intervention?
Madagascar (to our knowledge) is the only operational game at this scale portraying operations on the Island, and we are delighted to offer you the game presented in our newly designed folder packaging.
In the folder are:
- 4 heavily revised maps covering the jewel of the Indian Ocean at TSWW’s standard 15 miles to the hex utilising better information.
- 1 map covering Madagascar and expanses of Southern Africa at TSWW’s 75 mile to the hex strategic map scale permitting expansive naval operations (and tying to Blitzkrieg 2 and Mare Nostrum 2)
- 1 counter-sheet (280 counters) including British, Vichy, and Japanese projected counter invasion forces, with re-rated ships, modified OBs and updated Axis intervention forces.
- 104-page rule book (perfect bound or via PDF download in the Lieutenant’s Edition) with all FAQ, rules updates and expansions included
- 16-page Order of Battle and scenario booklet (stitch bound or via PDF download in the Lieutenant’s Edition) covering Operation Ironclad, Operation Streamline Jane, postulated Japanese intervention, as well as introducing our new Learning Zone introductory modules at either half month or 5 day turn intervals. The Japanese intervention forces, gleaned from Japanese monographs, are the forces that were allocated to their projected intervention by Imperial Japanese Headquarters. The decision to enter the South and Southwest Pacific areas in force prevented their ambitious plans from coming to fruition.
- 23 pages of full colour charts
- 4-page UIC explaining the units, sides and map content.
- 2 x D10 Dice (included with the Colonel’s and Lieutenant’s Editions)
ONLY £130 shipped anywhere worldwide (inclusive of shipping). VAT in the UK is charged in addition at 20%.