Barbarossa Maps

Published by timburg61 on

Home Forums TSWW Game VIII: BARBAROSSA Barbarossa Maps

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      timburg61
      Participant

We are working on planning for our game here in San Jose, California. But we can’t find the post where John talked about the map dimensions.

What is the overall dimensions of the full Barbarossa map? And how much space do we need to lay out the maps for the initial campaign? We know that John mentioned that the Urals can be set on a separate table or handled otherwise. We are just looking for the space requirements.

Martyn Potts
      Participant

See the attached picture. This is the maximum width (row F of the maps – the tape measure is running through it on the map layout diagram in the picture) and I measured it at 80 inches with the Urals. Maximum height (4 maps) is around 104 inches. Each standard map section is 18 inches by 26 inches (there is some overlap naturally). To set all the maps out except the Urals (dark red/brown at the top of the map layout in the image) you need 64×104 inches.

If I took the bookcases out along the side of the room I bet I could fit the whole lot on the floor!

Martyn

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      timburg61
      Participant

Thanks Martyn. I dragged mine out and got about the same dimensions: 103″ x 80″ (262cm x 203 cm)

But take out the Urals (3 eastern maps) and the southern Caucusus map, and you get it down to 90.5″ in height and 63″ wide (230 cm x 160 cm)

timburg61
      Participant

It dropped the maps on upload. Here is the full map set

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by timburg61.
      Attachments:
      timburg61
      Participant

Here’s the cut down maps.

Attachments:
      Martyn Potts
      Participant

You could probably do away with map RH too if you want some extra space for charts, OBs etc.

timburg61
      Participant

Good point. Our challenge is that a standard table tennis (ping pong) table is 3 inches narrower than the smaller map. So we may either place the entire Row on a separate table, or manage it with off-map holding boxes, etc.

BobD62
      Participant

Hi guys. I have just discovered this system. Pretty well exactly a year since this post! How did the game go?

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by BobD62.
      Martyn Potts
      Participant

If this was the game at David Miller’s house they played 5 turns over a long weekend.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.