News on Balkan Fury II
I am now building up the main OB files for the Axis powers (which are where the main alterations are). This process involves combining data from Mare Nostrum, Balkan Fury and Barbarossa plus additional research undertaken for the update to Balkan Fury.
I hope to have these files out for review by Sunday this week, and will also be working on the Allied OBs as fast as possible. As soon as they are done, I will do the counter art, and submit it for proofing internally.
As soon as I have the proofing done, we will send the files to our printers and expect the product in stock 4 weeks after submission. Sorry for the delay on this – but it was caused by some rather nasty bugs, not by me!
To conclude, the game will have:
- Pretty Limited Edition box (very pretty – so you all know the Stuka box is almost sold out; if you want it, buy NOW to avoid disappointment
- 8 counter sheets to the normal superb standard with 2240 counters
- Perfect bound rules, stitch bound Axis, Allied and At Start booklets
- High quality charts and UIC on the same card as used previously for the UIC.
- 2 x D10 Dice (which I need to order). I want these to reflect the game contents – but will depend on availability as I know Covid and what not has impacted on this.
The At Starts will include but not be limited to:
- The Italo Greek War
- Operation Marita
- Operation Merkur
- The proposed Italian invasion of Yugoslavia – in 2 variants, one very early in the war, one in October 1940.
- The Greek counter offensive in the Epirus, November 1940
- The Italian counter offensive in March 1941
- Assorted learning scenarios teaching you how to conduct naval, air, ground, and combined arms operations.
- Several new naval scenarios surrounding convoy actions south of Crete
- Panzers Don’t Float! Introducing the optional mine warfare rules – how the RN sank 2 panzer divisions!
- What if involvement of various powers in the operations, primarily Bulgaria
- The Uprising…. July 41, the partisan and chetniks tire of German and Italian occupation
- Miscellaneous partisan campaigns
- The Grand Campaign – October 1940-43
- Linking modules to other titles in the TSWW series (as ever)
- Anything else we have time to put in the box…
So – here is what you are getting in Balkan Fury 2 – it’s bigger, longer and more involved than ever, with full partisan warfare in the box, showing how the Axis lost full control of the Balkans in 1941, and never really got it back….
At the same time as proofing commences, I will restart full art on that thing called Watchtower…..